Thank you again for selecting Butterfly Hollow Bed and Breakfast for your wedding day celebration. We are honored to share our home and valley with you and your guests (if applicable). We take pride in the state of which we maintain our property. We expect consideration and reasonable courtesy to such while at Butterfly Hollow. To ensure a most wonderful occasion for all, we request you review our wedding policies and guidelines. After reviewing please complete the form at the bottom of this page and click “Submit”. Your wedding date is not confirmed until the agreement is returned.
Wedding Policies and Guidelines
Deposit: A 50% deposit is requested to confirm your wedding reservation and catering event. If you selected our Celebration package, a portion of the deposit is applied to your non-refundable catering deposit noted in our cancellation policy. If your date is within 60 days from the time of signing full payment is due. Payment can either be by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover PayPal, Venmo, or check. If you pay by check to confirm your reservation, we do request you mail the deposit within 3 days of signing. If your check is not received within 7 business days your reservation will be released. If an agreement is made to divide your payments into three installments, the first payment is non-refundable/non-transferable.
Final Payment: The balance for all wedding packages will be due in full 60 days prior to your wedding date or the date indicated on your original invoice. Final Payment must be paid by credit card, Venmo, or PayPal. If full payment is not received within 50 days of your wedding date or 10 days after the agreed upon final payment date, a 3% late fee will be applied. If changes occur after full payment is received, additional fees are to be paid within 72 hours of your wedding.
Taxes/Fees: A 9.75% Tennessee state tax has been applied to all charges in addition to a service fee. If you have booked the Butterfly Hollow Celebration wedding package the catering company applies a 15% service fee on their portion of the package. This fee has been included in your menu price listed on your invoice and not an additional charge.
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted on the grounds of Butterfly Hollow. This includes vaping and e-cigarettes. Please communicate this to your guests prior to their arrival.
Alcohol: Butterfly Hollow Bed and Breakfast does not have a liquor license. We do allow limited consumption of alcohol as your wedding reception is considered a private party under Tennessee law. If you intend to bring alcohol on the grounds of Butterfly Hollow we permit beer, wine and/or champagne. At no time is liquor permitted on the premise; this is to include consuming liquor in “shot” formation. Butterfly Hollow reserves the right to reduce the amount of alcohol being brought on property to ensure the safety of all its guests. Absolutely no one under the age of 21 should be permitted to drink alcohol. Management of Butterfly Hollow has the right to stop alcohol consumption at any time without cause. We ask all guests to please drink responsibly.
Force Majeure: Neither party shall be deemed to be in default or liable for any delays to or cancellation of the event, to the extent that performance thereof is delayed or prevented by acts of God or extraordinary weather conditions within the United States, unforeseeable changes in government restrictions, public enemy, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, explosion, riot or any other cause beyond the parties’ reasonable control making performance impossible. Butterfly Hollow reserves the right to cancel a reservation due to an emergency or natural disaster. In such a rare event, you will be contacted via phone with as much notice as possible and a full refund will be provided. DEALK, LLC will not be held liable for any other event related cancellation fees.
Cancellations: We certainly understand how “life happens” sometimes and that it might be necessary to change dates or cancel an event. Due to small nature of our business and that most weddings are reserved many months in advance, we have the following cancellation policy:
More than six months: If you cancel your event more than 180 days prior to your scheduled date, your wedding package deposit is refundable except for a $250 cancellation fee. If you have selected our Butterfly Hollow Celebration package a deposit has been paid to secure your date with the catering company. This deposit is calculated on the dinner portion of your invoice. The amount is equal to 50% of the catering cost and is non-refundable at the time of signing.
Within six months: If you cancel within 180 days of your event date, your deposit payment(s) is forfeited.
Within sixty days: If the contracted date is cancelled within 59 days of the event, the entire payment of your package is forfeited. If you have not paid your final installment you will still be responsible for the outstanding amount.
Damage Responsibility: Damage to Butterfly Hollow’s property by Client, Event attendees, or Client’s contractors will be Client’s responsibility. Client will accept full responsibility for any damages resulting from any action or omission of individual attendees in conjunction with Client activities. Butterfly Hollow must be notified at least 3 weeks in advance of use of outside contractors and further reserves the right to approve all outside contractors hired by Client for use at Butterfly Hollow. Butterfly Hollow reserves the right to approve all specifications, including electrical requirements, from all outside contractors and impose additional fees if necessary. Client is responsible for ensuring that any outside contractors or vendors used by Client at Butterfly Hollow maintain and provide evidence of insurance satisfactory to Butterfly Hollow of (i) Automobile coverage with limits in compliance with statutory amounts as required by applicable law; and (ii) comprehensive general public liability insurance covering automobile, personal injury and property damage with single limits of not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) per person per occurrence. The insurance must be primary and non-contributory to any Butterfly Hollow policies.
Inn/Cabin Rules for Wedding Guests
Butterfly Hollow is a historic home serving as a full time bed and breakfast and wedding venue. We request you and your guest(s) treat it as your home and the following guidelines be followed and reviewed with all guests prior to arrival:
- One restroom is available for wedding guests. In most situations the location of the restroom will be in our Log Cabin. This is a separate dwelling from the Bed &Breakfast.
- Bedrooms should only be used by guests occupying those rooms. If more than one room is needed for changing, an additional charge will be accessed per room. Please note your package only includes one room for bride/groom/partner for changing purposes.
- Refrigeration space is limited. If you require items to be kept cool we will do our best to assist.
- Use of the Bed & Breakfast kitchen for cooking is prohibited.
- Access to the Bed and Breakfast is limited to the bridal party and a limited number of guests. Additional guests will be asked to remain outside weather permitting. We strongly request guests arrive 20-30 minutes prior to your ceremony.
- Decorations are permitted. Any decorations brought on property must be removed prior to departure. This is to include boxes, paper, flowers, etc. If items remain a $100 fee is assessed and must be paid prior to the filing of your marriage license.
- Events are to conclude no later than 9:00pm. This is in compliance with our agreement with local neighbors and city officials.
- No children are allowed up the staircase at any time.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult(s) inside the Inn/Cabin.
- Yard hammocks are made to hold two adults. All yard hammocks and porch chair hammocks are not to be used as swings.
- The barn area equipment is off limits during weddings.
- The wrap around porch log railings should not be sat or climbed on.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Inn/Cabin, on the porch, or the grounds. We are a smoke free environment.
- The hot tub area is off limits during weddings.